If you had been paying attention, you would have heard Obama then Clinton say there will be no ground operations by US forces.
Oh boy , another sink hole to toss our troops in. I thought this was one of the things B O B ran on when he became prez?
TRIPOLI ? European and U.S. forces unleashed warplanes and cruise missiles against Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi's forces in the biggest Western military intervention in the Arab world since the 2003 invasion of Iraq.
Libyan state television said 48 people had been killed and 150 wounded in the Western air strikes. It also said there had been a fresh wave of strikes on Tripoli early on Sunday.
There was no way to independently verify the claims.
Libya's Al-Watyah air base, 170 km (100 miles) southwest of the capital Tripoli, was among the targets of Western air strikes overnight, a Libyan military official said.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42177894...ica/?gt1=43001
We'll keep the lights on for you.
Spuds
If you had been paying attention, you would have heard Obama then Clinton say there will be no ground operations by US forces.
I can understand Iraq and Afghanistan in a wierd sort of way, not that I agree with them, but Lybia is in a state of civil war. Why would we get involved in someone's civil war? The only reason I can figure is the fact that this dude is sitting on like 25% of the world's crude oil.
They do it quite a bit, when the first combat troop steps foot there, come talk to us. The US isn't even leading the mission, they are ASSISTING the European and other coalition forces. You all somehow aren't getting that we are apart of this thing called the UN, the biggest part of the UN and this is UN sanctioned. Not too mention there's a dictator slaughtering his people there, we put our nose where it doesn't need to be a lot, but this isn't one of them and there's some other places I wish we would get involved in more.
And 25% of the worlds oil? Africa itself only possesses 9% I think, don't think it's close to that.
I think Libya only produces 2% of the worlds oil. As for our participation in this, everyone should have seen this coming in the last couple of weeks. It is UN sanctioned, which means, we wont have the major say in what we can do, but our equipment will be used for a buttload of it. Much like Bosnia.
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
We'll keep the lights on for you.
Spuds
US led or not, supporting this while condemning Iraq and Afghanistan is hypocritical. Afghanistan is a problem and they were a threat. I'm torn on Iraq. But Libya has not attacked us. They are in a state of civil war. Even under Obama we're still playing world cop.
I don't care who initiated it or who is leading it. I understand Afghanistan and Iraq (with some doubts for Iraq) but I can't support the attack on Libya. This really isn't any of our business.
No matter what I think, my thoughts and prayers go out to the troops in all three countries.
I don't like us being there. Im not a fan of Qaddafi but what was he suppose to do sit around and watch some uprising just happen. We can condemn him all we want for "attacking his own people" but try and walk up to the front of the White House with a gun and see if you don't get attacked.
GO VOLS
Like I said earlier, It is a civil war. The french, who have never won a war, takes the lead on this? I bet we have troops inside Lybia within 2 months.
Bookmarks